CCSI is looking for a permanent full-time Telecommunications Technician!
As a Telecommunications Technician, you will be responsible for programming, servicing, and repairing all manner of security, surveillance, phone, and paging systems as well as running and pulling cable. Set-up, delivery, and installation of equipment is also required. Previous experience is an asset but not required as we offer in-house training!
The position is Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm at our Grande Prairie office. Please note, on-call work is required on evenings and weekends on a rotational basis. Occasional out of town/overnight travel required.
Essential Skills – We are looking for someone with these skills to join our team!
- Tech Savvy – You are interested in the latest technology and love to solve tech-related problems. Prior telecommunications, security, or IT experience is an asset.
- Time Management and Prioritization – You must be able to prioritize the most urgent calls and manage your time to complete calls in an efficient manner.
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy – You will be responsible for maintaining accurate inventory of parts as well as completing service and equipment reports.
- Self-Motivated and Logical Thinker – You are able to observe a problem, analyze it, and come up with possible solutions. You keep yourself on track and thrive on completing calls efficiently and thoroughly. You are comfortable working solo at client’s offices after training has been completed.
- Customer Service and Communication – You are personable and can communicate clearly and concisely with clients. You will often be required to provide assistance remotely and must be able to clearly communicate directions to clients. At CCSI, we are devoted to upholding solid relationships with our clientele.
- Ask for Help! – The problems you will be asked to solve aren’t always straightforward. We need someone who is willing to ask for help when they need it. We’re here to help you learn and grow!
Required – We require candidates to possess the following.• Valid Driver’s License – travel within city limits as well as out-of-town for service calls is required. A company vehicle will be provided for such occasions.
- Driver’s Abstract
- English Language Proficiency – both written and spoken skills are essential.
- Lifting/Bending – must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Heights – must be able to work at heights of 10-25 ft.
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector clearance – required upon commencing training.
*CompTIA: A+, Network +, or similar preferred. BC Security License is an asset. *
Offered – From an incredible team to a state-of-the-art workplace, CCSI is a great place to work. We offer the following:
- Competitive Salary – Starting at $23/hr, negotiable based on individual experience and performance.
- In-House Training – You will be trained by our talented team of technicians on how to service, program, and repair equipment.
- Benefits – Excellent health and dental coverage provided after 3 months of employment.
- RRSP Matching – provided after 12 months of employment.
- Paid Vacation – Provided after one year of employment.
- Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance – Because travel is required, you will be provided with a company vehicle or a monthly vehicle allowance.
- Cell Phone or Phone Allowance – You will be provided with a company cell phone or a phone allowance to communicate with dispatch.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Telecommunications Technician.”